Civic Engagement includes every aspect of civic life that relates to the good of the whole community, no matter what size: from neighborhoods and small towns to large cities.
Who was there?
Participants at Expo 2013 included those who were interested in
- Neighborhood improvement (volunteers, civic leaders)
- Public administration (agency official, mayor)
- Legislation (state representative, city council member)
- Political activities (party leader, concerned citizens)
Participants had opportunities to
- Hear experiences of people who have brought a sense of unity to public life, in particular to cooperative projects that transcend the usual boundaries between private citizens and public officials.
- Use the networks formed at the Expo to launch such new projects in conjunction with others.