Health & Recreation encompasses all aspects of the health (physical and psychological well-being) of the person, including medicine, nutrition, sports, and leisure.
Who was there?
Participants at Expo 2013 included those who were interested in
- Medicine (as a health care provider or a patient)
- Sports and recreation (as a coach, physical education instructor or athlete)
- Ecology (as an environmental professional or proponent)
Participants had opportunities to
- Hear the experiences of people in this sector who have brought significant change to the well-being of people and communities
- Understand how these experiences demonstrate improvements in individual and community health and learn about person-centered, high quality healthcare, relationships, and wellness programs
- Discuss ways that succeed at putting the dignity of the person (rather than demands of the institution) at the center
- Build networks to launch new initiatives in their own institutions, activities and environments
Interested in learning more?