Media & Communications encompasses both the medium and the message of social communications, including the press, the Internet, publishing, website design, marketing, public relations and photojournalism.
Who was there?
Participants at Expo 2013 included those who were interested in
- The technology of communications (creators and users of websites, social media and other communications technology, systems analysts and end users)
- The content of communications (editors, photographers, writers and readers of news outlets)
- Learning more about how to effectively integrate media technology in your daily life
Participants had opportunities to
- Hear experiences of people who have brought a renewed cooperation to communications work, especially between creators of communications technology and content and audiences.
- Practice empathic listening through exercises and discussion
- Provide ways that all Expo participants can interact, reflect and comment on the Expo as it happens.
- Use the networks formed at the Expo to launch new projects in conjunction with others after the Expo.